Partly Cloudy City Collection

Inspired by the cold cozy mornings, Partly Cloudy City is the trend we all love. Designed with soft textures, and muted colors it will be the collection you want to wear all year long.

City Stroll

Crafted from wool felt, it features a stiff rolled brim and layered suede and twisted satin bands for a daring, eye-catching look.

shop here

Nothing but Neutral

The Nothing But Neutral Wool Felt Stiff Rolled Brim Fedora is crafted from durable wool felt and features a 4" brim in a stylish taupe color.

shop here


Take a wild ride in this camel colored Oatmilk Wool Felt Cattleman's Crease Cowboy! Its 4" brim and feather accent detail will make you stand out from the crowd.

shop here

Nothing But Neutral Fedora

City Stroll Fedora.

Your new Favorite.

Rocky Ridge

A hat so elevated that it will top off any of your outfit. Classic Cattleman rancher shape with a turn up brim.


Early Fog

Stylish and functional, the Early Fog Baker Boy Cap is the perfect way to keep your head warm during cold weather.


Cozy and Chic

With 3 fabulous colors, a side pocket for all your odds and ends, and plaid interior taping for extra style!

The coziest pair

Matching fleece trapper with faux shearling tote.

Cuddle Up Faux Shearling Tote-TOTE-San Diego Hat Company
Abstract Pastel Patterned Fleece Trapper-TRAPPER-San Diego Hat Company

Our Most Popular UPF 50 Rated Hats

It’s not the same as the topical SPF 50 (sunscreen) that you apply to your skin, UPF stands for Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF). It indicates how much UV radiation (both UVB and UVA) a fabric allows to reach your skin.

Certified UPF 50 material blocks 98% of the sun’s rays, leaving a small 2% chance of the sun ray’s getting to you.

As a hat company, we pride ourselves in creating products that help our customers protect themselves from the sun in the most stylish way possible, so together we can all enjoy the sun while keeping ourselves protected from it!

Our hats go through various tests to be certified UPF 50+ Rated, although not all our hats are certified so we always recommend wearing sunscreen with our hats while you are outside.

Although wearing sunscreen is extremely important, the use of a medium, large or extra-large brimmed hat or visor can increase your chances of getting fewer sunburns. Our hats are great way to stay extra protected from the sun's’ harmful UVB rays, while still staying trendy.

With that being said, here are a few of our favorite hats for staying out of the sun!


For both men and women, our lifeguard hats are extremely popular for the beach or pool. A number of these can be seen down the Coast Highway, and are a favorite because of how lightweight they are, while still offering maximum sun coverage.

HAT - Men's Rush Straw Lifeguard With Under Brim Print And Adjustable Chin Cord


The roll-up visors also offer several benefits for sun protection and are one of our best sellers. From packability to diversity in the way they can be worn, these visors come in a variety of colors, patterns, and styles, perfect for everyday wear.

San Diego Hat Company's Signature Women's Ultrabraid Large Brim Visor in Black


Next, our best-selling and most popular unisex hat, the El Campo Ultrabraid sun hat is the simplest way to achieve sun protection. Its five-inch brim, stretch band, and chin cord makes it extremely comfortable and versatile for every day in the sun.


One of our most loved hats through and through it has a 3" brim and toggle cord for the perfect fit. You can take this hat down to the beach or spend the day in the garden, either way you'll be covered!


Stylish year after year, we'll never say goodbye to this classic. Made with comfort in mind and a 4" brim, you'll be covered in this all day long. Available in 7 different colors, you might want one in each color!

Whether you get your hat from us (we highly recommend it!) or not, make sure you’re staying covered from the sun whenever you outside! Living in California, that might mean keeping a hat or two in your car but trust us, it’s worth saving yourself the sunburn!

1 comment

  • Sue Waterman

    Looking for the floppy knot back hat in coral to return to your store. When you get one, I’ll purchase this item! You have the best hats 👒

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.